Thursday, September 5, 2013

Letter to Whole Foods

A while ago, I ordered groceries via Whole Foods concierge service.

First personal shop is free, after that $15.
totally worth it to me.



Recently, I got an email from them asking if  I was still interested. Of course I am. 

Here's what prevents me from another gander:

Dear Whole Foods Concierge,

Thanks for the email.

I do recall my personal shop fondly and often think about doing it again. 

What stops me?

1. Knowing that I have to find the pdf somewhere in my work computer and know the names if the items that I need.
2. Gearing up for going to the traffic-congested area of Kirby (I work in ---- now and am rarely on Freeway x near --- St anymore). Also, my office no longer has FAX.

What would make me a regular personal shopper user? 

An app for my iphone with search and radio-button technology. or at least a website to do it at work on my lunchbreak.

Would I pay more for this?

You bet! I hate grocery shopping in person at Whole Foods: Narrow aisles prohibitive to wheelchairs, crowds around the produce, stocking produce at peak times, screaming, indulged toddlers that I don't encounter at HEB or Randalls- Mostly its all the stacks of product displays cluttering the aisles and bratty kids that keeps me away. Do you ever have "mystery shoppers" that could emulate the experience of shopping after work or on a Friday off of a harried working couple without kids? When the kiddos start up, we stop filling our cart and leave. How about "family Wednesdays" for discounts for those immune to the tantrums if the tiny?



I DO miss the concierge service.
If it was super easy to do, I would do it regularly.

What would this mean to you for bottom dollar on the service?

My household spends about $600/mo in groceries/month. We are both humane meat/eggs,  Pescetarian and juicers with allergies, so that means 2-3 shops/month for fresh items. 

your margin on $600 (idk 5.2%?) plus $45 for concierge service a month?
$571.20/year?

I'm not sure if a Whole Foods is being considered for ----- area E side of Freeway x2 but I can tell you that, at least for us, we have a weekend place in xyz. All planets would be aligned if concierge service + Whole Foods on fwy x2 were available or if there was one in town A. I'd work extra hard to find that pdf and guess at what I needed if either were the case.

I love the products you carry and the concierge service. It would have to be insanely easier for me to do it more often. 

Best,
----






Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2013, at 1:30 PM, Kirby Concierge Orders <kirby.conciergeorders@wholefoods.com> wrote:

Hello ---,

                It’s been awhile since we’ve heard from you and we have missed you! Please let us know if there’s anything we can do for you. As a reminder, below is a list of our concierge services. It highlights some of our most requested services, but if there’s something more you want from us, just ask! We would love your feedback on what more we can do for you!

Personal Shopping

Have a list but no time? Impromptu cocktail party? Don’t have time to round up the whole family just to grab a few things? You don’t have to sacrifice your precious time and energy for quality food! A concierge shop is designed to fit perfectly into your daily routine. Send us your family's standard grocery list and we'll shop it for you. Our guests can expect speedy service, same day delivery if desired, and reasonable shopping fees. Although a typical household shop yields an average $15 fee, we're happy to waive the fee for all first time shops. Contact us to learn more about personal shopping, home delivery and our complimentary curbside pickup option.

 

Restaurant & Office Stocking

Working on a deadline and dreading unhealthy take-out? Can’t keep Topo Chico in stock in your office refrigerator? Let us deliver all your office needs right to your floor. We offer a 10% discount on all cases of product and can place weekly special orders to ensure you never run out!

 

Catering and Event Consultation

From starters to sides, main entrees to decadent desserts, Whole Foods Market Kirby has your catering needs covered. Menu planning, one of our favorite tasks, is an exciting way to utilize our concierge service. Our expert team will provide innovative and exquisite party fare that you can easily assemble yourself in just minutes. If you're having a wedding reception, birthday bash or event just a family dinner, email or phone in your menu ideas and set up an appointment to visit us for a free menu sampling.

 

Special Orders

Stock up on your favorite must-have snacks, or special order items you aren't finding on our shelves. You'll typically enjoy your products within 48 hours! Although you can order very large quantities with this service, you'll receive a 10% discount off even just one case of any special order. We can currently special order cases of grocery items, organic and conventional produce, specialty beer, bulk grains and beans, and fresh meats. Special orders can be picked up at our Guest Service desk or they can be delivered.

 

Gifts

Flowers, chocolates, wine and fruits are typical components of a gift basket or gift bag, but feel certain our service also allows for your personal creativity. Many guests prefer to give the Concierge Team a budget and theme, such as locally produced foods, gluten-free goodies, or body care. Some guests simply give us a favorite color to work with. Whether you choose a traditional, contemporary or customized gift, we'll create the perfect gift basket or goodie bags.

                We’d like to sincerely say thank you for your time. We truly do appreciate and value our guests and strive to deliver outstanding service every time. Please let us know at Kirby.conciergeorders@wholefoods.com if you have any questions. The Kirby Concierge team is dedicated to making your experience an excellent one.

Thanks,

 

Guest Services Concierge

Whole Foods Market Kirby

Kirby.conciergeorders@wholefoods.com

 

Click here to see our catering menu!

 

"

No comments :

Post a Comment