Sunday, May 6, 2012

Low Fat,Allergy-free KFC! Bok!

Ok-I CAN cook ( whelp of my bf's smoker Weber). No one more surprised than me.. From the Dr Oz show and topsecretrecipe.com. Here's my modified version of KFC: Oven 375. 8 small pieces chicken Brine: 8 C water. 1/4 C Salt. (I reduced because my version seemed really salty) 2 T fish sauce. (Look for no dextrose or soy) Breading: 1 C brown rice flour. 11/4 C rice cracker crumbs. 41/4 tsp salt. (Or no salt). 2 tsp stevia. 2 tsp finely ground tellicherry pepper. (Amazon.com). 1/2 tsp paprika. 1/2 tsp savory. 1/2 tsp sage. 1/4 tsp ginger. 1/4 marjoram. 1/4 tsp onion powder. 1/8 tsp garlic powder. 1/8 cayenne. Dredge: 4 eggs (egg white equiv). 2 C rice milk. I didn't need this. Corn free cook spray.***************** Marinate chicken in brine for 2 hours. Remove and blot dry. When oven is hot, dredge chicken in eggs whites, then press into breading and let sit for 2 mins in breading. Shake off excess. Put on sprayed pan and spray the chicken. Bake 40-45 mins until browned. You can also smoke-grill this with charcoal on 1 side and wet pan of apple chips on the other.

No comments :

Post a Comment